What Does MSRP Mean?
North Wales drivers wondering, “What is MSRP?” are in the right place. MSRP stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price and is what Mazda suggests the price of their new model should be sold for. Also known as a list price, this figure is determined by a number of factors. Read on to get a more thorough answer to the question, “What does MSRP mean?”, and if you’re in the market for a new car, explore our car buying tips and Mazda guides for help with researching and fill out a pre-approval to see what kind of loan you qualify for!
What is MSRP?
MSRP is the price that Mazda recommends dealers sell a certain model for to Lansdale drivers. While you know what it is, here are some useful things you should know about MSRP:
- A certain model should sell for roughly the same price across all dealerships.
- If you notice that a dealership is selling a model for a price well above the MSRP, either pass it up or use the MSRP to negotiate (you can find it on the Mazda website).
How is the MSRP Set?
An important part of any answer to “What does MSRP mean?” is an overview of all the factors that go into determining MSRP. Fundamentally, manufacturers use everything from manufacturing costs and sales processes to live market data in Chalfont to set the price. Here are some more factors:
- The MSRP refers to the base price or price of the entry-level trim without any additional packages or add-on features.
- If you upgrade to higher trims or add on features, the price will go up accordingly.
- The MSRP is recommended by the manufacturer, but price can vary from dealership to dealership. Geography, in particular, can affect the sale cost for a dealer. If the dealer is on an island, for instance, shipping costs can rise dramatically.
- Demand also plays a role in how much a vehicle costs. A popular model will most likely be sold closer to the MSRP, while a less popular model may be set at a discount.
Get Your Next Mazda Vehicle at North Penn Mazda!
Now that Harleysville drivers know what MSRP is, we hope you’ll trust North Penn Mazda for a fair price on a quality Mazda vehicle. Explore our new vehicle specials and arrange for some test drives by giving us a call at (215) 709-8686. We look forward to showing you the pleasant car buying experience of transparency and respectful salesmanship.