How to Jump-Start a Car
Whether North Wales drivers are wondering how to properly jump-start a car battery or their car won’t jump-start and they need a refresher on the steps, North Penn Mazda is here to help. We’ll cover the steps of the proper way to jump-start a car, and if you need assistance, give our service department a call for jump start car service in Colmar.
If none of our above steps work, it may be time to replace your car battery. Don’t worry, we’ll cover all the signs that you’re due for a replacement too. If you have questions about other car care concerns, be sure to check out our site for other informative reads about when to change your engine air filter and more!
The Proper Way to Jump-Start a Car
Before Lansdale drivers learn how to properly jump-start a car, they’ll need to gather their jumper cables, a scrub brush, and another vehicle. Once you’ve got that settled, follow these steps:
- Have the other car with the working battery face your vehicle. Make sure they’re both turned off and that the parking brakes are engaged.
- Pop the hoods and locate the batteries. Sometimes your battery terminals are hidden under plastic compartments, so be sure to scrutinize any text for mentions of your battery if you’re struggling to find it.
- Identify the positive and negative terminals. Do you see any weird crystals on them? That’s corrosion. Put on some plastic gloves and scrub it off.
- Connect the red clamp to the positive post on the dead battery.
- Connect the other red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery with the charge.
- Connect the black clamp to the negative post on the good battery.
- For the final clamp, connect it to an unpainted metal surface on your car’s frame.
- Once you’ve hooked everything up, start the engine of the car with the charge. Then start the dead car.
- Once you’ve jumped the dead vehicle, let it run for 20 minutes and carefully disconnect the cables in the reverse order of how they were originally placed.
Jump-Start Car Service With Mazda Roadside Assistance
New Mazda vehicles come with Mazda Roadside Assistance for the first 3 years/36,000 miles of ownership. Whether you need jump-start car service or a refuel, just call the Mazda Roadside Assistance phone number at (800) 866-1998 for 24/7 assistance! If your car won’t jump-start, Roadside Assistance allows for complimentary towing.
Turn to North Penn Mazda for a Replacement Jump Start Car Battery
If Chalfont drivers have followed our steps for how to properly jump-start a car and their car still won’t jump-start, you probably need a replacement jump start car battery. Even following the proper way to jump-start a car isn’t going to save you if your car battery is dead. Luckily, North Penn Mazda offers rotating service specials, and we frequently sell car batteries at a discount price. Are you stuck on the side of the road with no one to help you jumpstart your car? Remember to reach out for our jump start car service!